Footrot Flats Website Terms and Conditions
These website terms and conditions (Terms) govern your:
- access to, and use of, the website located at www.footrotflats.com and any related websites operated by us and our mobile and social media applications (Website); and
- use of any cartoons, drawings, text, images, graphics, sound, photographs and other materials and content works that appear on the Website from time to time.
The Website is provided and operated by Diogenes Designs Limited (Diogenes, us, our, we). By accessing or using the Website, downloading any of our wallpapers or ecards or by signing up for any of our newsletters or mailing lists, each user (you, your) agrees to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms.
Content and intellectual property
The Website contains cartoons, drawings, text, images, graphics, sound, photographs and other materials and content relating to the Footrot Flats universe or otherwise generated by Murray Ball (collectively, Content). The Content, and all intellectual property rights in and to the Content, are owned by Diogenes and, except as specified in these Terms, you have no rights in or to the Content.
You must not use, reproduce, transmit, distribute or otherwise exploit any Content in any way, except that:
- where the Website permits and intentionally enables the download of particular Content under the Extras tab or otherwise, you may download one copy of that Content to a single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only.
- where the Website permits and intentionally enable the sharing of particular Content, you may share that Content using the functionality of the Website for personal, non-commercial purposes.
You must not link to, or embed, the Website or any Content on the Website for any purpose without our express, written consent.
Some Content is provided free of charge on the Website. We reserve the right to remove this Content, or begin charging for this Content, at any time as we see fit.
You agree to ensure that nothing you submit to us through the Website infringes or breaches the rights of any third party or creates any obligation for us. By submitting anything to us through the Website, including any Content, (Your Content) you hereby grant to Diogenes, our employees and related companies and all users of the Website an irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable, worldwide, paid-up license, to use, copy and modify Your Content in connection with the Website and our business and products and to disclose Your Content to third parties.
We are not responsible for any content or information on any website that is linked to our Website. We include such links for your convenience and you should not consider a link to be an endorsement by us of any business, product, service or information on that website. If you would like to link your website to our Website, you must first obtain our written consent.
Requests for licences
If you wish to use any Content for purposes not authorised by these Terms, then you may contact us and request a licence.
We do not give any assurance or representation that a licence will be granted.
Restrictions on use
The Website is only for your legal personal use.
You must not use the Website or any Content:
- for any commercial purposes;
- in any way that is unlawful, or harms us, our related companies or any other person; or
- in any way that suggests an endorsement from, or affiliation with, us, our related companies or any other person.
You must not send or post any material on the Website, or use the Website, the Content or any service offered via the Website in any manner, that:
- is unlawful; is obscene, offensive, defamatory, derogatory or unwanted;
- could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server hosting the Website or the network(s) connected to any server hosting the Website;
- could interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website; or
- reduces the number of users accessing or using or able to access or use the Website.
The Website may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, blogs, chat areas, news groups, forums and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, Communication Services).
You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send, and receive messages and material that complies with these Terms.
We are not responsible for the communications of users via the Communications Services and those communications are not reviewed, screened or approved by Diogenes.
We reserve the right to:
- terminate or suspend your access to any or all of the Communication Services; or
- remove any material from the Communication Services, at any time, without notice, for any reason and we are not obliged to state such reason.
You acknowledge and agree that your communications with other users via the Communications Services are public and not private communications, and that you have no expectation of privacy concerning your use of the Communications Services. Therefore, we strongly encourage you not to disclose any personal information about yourself in your public communications via the Communications Services.
Risk and liability
You understand and agree that your use of the Website and the Content is at your sole risk. The Website is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Diogenes disclaims and excludes any implied conditions or warranties (including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, quality and fitness for a particular purpose). Without limiting the above, we do not warrant that the Website will be available at all times, secure or error-free, or that any Content is error-free or reliable.
In no event will Diogenes , or our related companies, employees, agents, directors and other personnel (Diogenes’s Affiliates), have any liability to you (whether in contract, tort including negligence, or otherwise) in relation to your use of the Website, whether or not such liability is direct, indirect, consequential or of a special nature, including without limitation, any liability for loss of revenue, profit, anticipated savings, goodwill or opportunity, production or loss or corruption of data.
You agree to at all times indemnify the Diogenes’s Affiliates against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, costs or other expenses of any nature whatsoever awarded against, incurred or suffered by any of the Diogenes’s Affiliates arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of these Terms. None of the exclusions or limitations set out in these Terms will have the effect of limiting or excluding any form of liability to the extent such liability cannot be so limited or excluded under applicable law.
Changes to these Terms, and additional terms
We may amend these Terms from time to time without notifying you. The current and binding Terms will be the Terms displayed on the Website at the time you access or use the Website. If you do not accept any modification to these Terms, you may terminate your access and use of the Website. Your continued use of the Website after a change or update has been made to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of the changed or updated Terms.
Diogenes reserves the right, without any limitation whatsoever, to discontinue or alter the Website and/or the Content or terminate or suspend your access to the Website at any time, without notice, for any reason and we are not obliged to state such reason.
Notices to you may be made via posting to the Website, by email, or by regular mail, in our sole discretion. We may also provide notices of changes to these Terms or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices.
If any part of these Terms are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in effect.
These Terms, and any disputes arising from or relating to the conduct covered by the Terms, are governed by the laws of New Zealand. You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
Information we collect and use
We may collect and use the following information:
- Usage Data, including:
- information about your use of our Websites including statistical data; and
- information about how you access our Websites, including the type of device you use to access our Websites, your location, your domain name and IP address, your internet browser software and operating system and platform.
- Personal Data, including personal information about you that you submit to us, such as your email address, name, address, and other information that you have provided to us through your use of our Websites or otherwise.
Such information may be collected by us when you use the Websites or through third party technology used on the websites (such as Doubleclick and Google) or may be provided by third parties that we work with (such as sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers and technology).
Collection, use and disclosure
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information (including the personal information you provide to us and that we obtain from third parties or through third party technology) for a number of purposes, including:
- to conduct market, product or sales research, data processing and statistical analysis, and business improvement analysis;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can improve our Websites and any related products and to identify and market the Website and any related products or promotions that may be of interest to you (or allow third parties to do so);
- to measure interest in and improve our Websites and any related products;
- to send you promotions and other information we think you may be interested in;
- in order for third parties to provide us with services, including in relation to our Websites;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure; and
- otherwise to conduct and develop our business.
- disclose Usage Data to any third party that identifies you individually; or
- disclose Personal Data to any third party without your permission, unless required or permitted by law.
Who may we disclose to?
We may disclose your Usage Data and Personal Data to:
- third party organizations for the purpose of conducting market research or business analysis for us;
- other third parties as required or permitted by law.
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your Personal Data secure on our Websites and any associated computer systems. Because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your Personal Data is safe from unauthorised access or use. Usage Data and Personal Data may be kept on computer systems operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorised access and disclosure by those third parties.
Personal Data belongs to you
The cookies and other similar technology we use help us to operate our Websites efficiently, assess and improve our marketing initiatives, learn about your preferences and measure and collect data of the activity happening through the Websites.
You may be able to alter your browser settings to prevent some cookies, but this may reduce the functionality of the Websites.
From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to us, our related companies, the Websites or any related products. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided by us.
Our Websites may contain links to third party websites. These third party websites may have different privacy policies and security measures. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites.
Your use of our Websites is governed by our Terms and Conditions of use. Please read these carefully, as you agree to them by your use of the relevant Website.
Contacting us about privacy
If you wish to contact us about your privacy, including requesting corrections to your Personal Data, you can email us at email@example.com.